Aussi

Aussi

Monday, December 16, 2013

The Cat in the Shat

So I'm currently sitting in my car in the cold, with my sister's cat waiting for my friend to pick me up because I ran out of gas.  The only two good things about this scenario is that I have friends and I have a car.  The thing is you gotta count your blessings.

I could be really pissed because I drove many miles to the wrong address of the vet, while the cat shat in his cage.  I momentarily lost my phone, and now I'm sitting here in front of a Kroger.  But oddly I'm not alone.  I mean I have you, whoever you are. Thank you for being here with me.  I am low on battery power on my phone, it might die so I can't write this for long.

I could say I'm really upset.  In fact when the cat started shitting I did scream "Why is this happening to me?" with my door open and people all around me.

I could really be mad that the GPS misled me and da da da...the truth is...I'm not that affected by this.

I think this means something, cause like a few years ago I'd be cursing at this point.   But when I tell this story it will be funny, I will laugh and remember that I didn't lose my shit, the cat did, end of story.

I mean shit happens, it's a fact.  I don't need to tell you that, I need to remind myself.  And I don't live in a war zone, I'm not being trafficked, I forgot to eat today but it's not even noon.  I mean I'm parked in front of a grocery store.  If I want to eat there are isles of food available to me.  And I'm safe.  

I'm annoyed but that's the extent of it.  The cat's probably more annoyed than I am.  I mean he's the one in a cage.

And that's the thing: I'm not.  I thought maybe I was for a while there.  There were times I couldn't move.

But this is a tragedy in suburbia, as my friend whose picking me up would say.  There is this song it goes something like, "your so called problems, better put them in quotations."  

So I'm putting this situation in a box, a cage if you will.  Someone else can stew in it if they want to.  


No comments:

Post a Comment