Aussi

Aussi

Wednesday, December 25, 2013

So This is Christmas, and What Have you Done?

Another year over, a new one just begun.

It's a time for reflection.  I mean what have I done?

This year I moved in with a great friend of mine, this year I taught for the first time in my life.  This is the first time I've had a job that meant something to me.  I found great people to surround myself with.

It's Christmas day, and what a beautiful day.  Friends and family are stopping by our home, we will drink eggnog with brandy and eat cheesecake and a strata.  It is lovely.  It is festive.  It is good.

Today I want to really be happy.  I want to be happy because life is a big celebration today.  I like to celebrate, mostly I like to sit and talk and laugh with friends and family.  And I don't mind delicious food.

You know there are people who get depressed during the holidays because they don't have real people to be close to during this time.  Some people don't have food or a place to live.

I'm gonna repeat, I don't think today is the only day we should think about these people.  But today I will.  I will say a prayer, I don't even pray, I meditate, but I will say a prayer for those that have less than me.  I will remember there is a god, whatever that means.  And I will be thankful for the people I have in my life.   

Yes I'm thankful for the beautiful home I live in and the lovely wardrobe I have, and the computer gadgets etc.  But mostly I am grateful that I have people.  And I'm thankful that the universe or the goddess or whatever has made my life worth living.  And that I have been sent angels, I really have.  If you are one of my angels thank you.  I will not name you, but you know who you are, I hope. 

Sometimes I'm not sure who my people or peeps really are.  Is it the people I grew up with, or the people I see everyday, or writers, or spiritual people or Indian people or Sikh people? 

But today I want to say, that anyone who cares for me, that person is one of my peeps.  And this is the day we reach out to those people.  I want to say thank you, thank you for taking a moment to read this.  I'm trying to do something here, some of it is professional, I'm trying to get my work out in the world.  And some of it is personal, I have something to say.  I'm so lucky I have people I don't even know paying attention to me.

I love attention and I love love.  Today is a day to love.

If you receive presents than love the person who gave them to you.  If you receive hugs, hug back a little tighter, a little longer.

Laugh.

If you have kids, make them see that they are Santa Clause too. That Santa Clause is a state of mind.  He is about giving and a little bit about receiving.  Teach them to receive his gifts the right way.

Be thankful.   

Remember Christmas is really about  a man who was very much like Rudolph the red nose reindeer, he was ostercized but eventually he led the way.  I believe that Jesus was a beautiful and phenomenal prophet, I'm not Christian but I'm not anything really.  Maybe I'm Sikh but that may be debatable.  But I believe there were and are people on this earth that have and will transform society.  In Hinduism and Sikhism we believe there are ages and we are in the Black Age, and we will transition back into The Age of Truth.

I believe there are saints and prophets now...I'm not gonna name who I personally think is one of them because that may be a matter of opinion.  But there are those who have inspired millions and will continue to inspire us to move to this new age.  There are those who have inspired but one person to live fully. 

If today is a day of prayer for you, than believe those prayers will come true.  Know that what you put out in the universe will come back to you.  

Believe.

Obviously Jesus Christ inspired Christmas, whether he was born in July doesn't matter.  He inspired all this.  This planet's party.   He wasn't exactly a party planner, but nevertheless succeeded at creating the greatest party on Earth. 

So Merry Christmas!  I hope you have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment