Aussi

Aussi

Thursday, January 6, 2011

I know why the Caged Bird Sings

The sky is falling.  I mean dead animals are falling from Heaven, or is it Hell up there?  It's becoming Hell down here.  There are more dead coming up from the depths of the ocean.

Are we the ones falling?  Is the water getting a little too deep?

Is everything upside down, or is it just my imagination?

I'm not some kind of crazy animal lover, I don't even like black birds, they scare me and I eat fish.  But when birds fell from the sky and ended up dead in Arkansas for no reason, and dead fish showed up in the waters, I have suddenly become a black bird/fish advocate.  Ummm...is it just me or is it plainly obvious that we are truly barbaric.  I mean animals kill for survival, we kill by mistake?  Thousands of bird carcasses on the ground is just a mistake?  The birds are being dismissed as coincidence?

Coincidence my ass.  Dead birds were found in Sweden.  There were millions, yeah you heard me millions, of dead fish found in Arkansas, Brazil and New Zealand.

They say you should teach a man how to fish instead of giving him a meal.  Maybe we should teach Man not to fuck with fish. 

What the hell is wrong with us?  This is not about "Loving the Environment" and "Being Green."  This is about being human.  We are not animals.  Nooo animals don't kill, for no reason or by mistake! 

(I mean who am I to talk? I don't even recycle, that's like a sin).

We apparently this time polluted the environment with fireworks that were so harsh they confused the poor birds and made them all fly into each other.  The fish on the other hand, I don't even know what happend with that.  I couldn't read the rest of the story and eat my lunch.  It was probably some chemical or another or every chemical.

You know the birds are not the only ones dying because we pollute the environment.  I mean why is there so much Cancer, Parkinson's Disease, Alzheimers, etc. in this world all of a sudden?  We act like it's a Medical Mystery.  It's really a mystery to me when I'm drinking water that contains more cholorine than is legal in a swimming pool, I'm eating food that has been sprayed with toxins that I would never spray in my mouth, I'm smelling air that is filled to the brim with god knows what.

I thought it was bad enough to domesticate animals, put them in cages etc.  Even though I have a dog that sits in the cage of my condo, I am not sure if I believe in the domestication of animals.  They have the right to be free and hang out with each other.

What if someone took one of us, strapped us with a collar and made us hang out with a bunch of wolves?  We had to eat special food that the wolves didn't even touch, we were essentially a little toy for the wolves to play with when they were bored.  That's what a household pet is.  It gives new meaning to the phrase, "raised by wolves."

I mean I love my dog, but it's actually my sister's dog.  I love my dog but I'm not one of those people who thinks dogs are like people.  Dogs are like dogs.  They bite each other, they make a lot of noise and shit on your carpet.  They are also furry fun, lovable, more loyal than some people.

They are their own beings, different than us.  Whether we should all so intinmately mingle may be questionable.  Whether we are superior enough to them to keep them captive is the real question.

So back to the birds, the consensus now is that the Fireworks scared the birds.  I don't know if I buy that, it has never happened before, what kind of fireworks were these?  Should humans even look at them if they are that intense, could they cause blindness?

What are we doing with our time?  Instead of creating the most potent fire works around let's take the time to see if our furry friends are OK.  Our friends have wings, but we have taken away their ability to soar.

I always wanted to be able to fly.  But I don't know about that anymore.  What am I gonna run into up there?

I was a vegetarian for like five years starting at sixteen.  I did it 'cause we torture animals so we can eat them.  I don't know exactly why I went back to eating meat, probably because I lost some of the conscious I had as an adolescent.  We get used to the idea that the things on our plates were once beings that were tortured.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a nice Salmon or Steak just like the next girl.  But I just wish we didn't have to put the animals in terrible circumstances in order to get lunch.  We don't have to be violent and dirty.

We choose to fill our world with disgusting chemicals, violent actions, and explosives. 

In the Bible, if I'm not mistaken, it says that one of the seven signs that the world is ending is that the seas will turn red, presumably with blood.  I don't always buy everything in the Bible, but maybe there is something to it.  My real Bible is written by musicians like Prince.  He predicted how we would party in 1999, "When I woke up this mornin' could've sworn it was Judgement Day."  He also sang, so eloquently, "This is what is sounds like, when the doves cry."

Doves, Crows, Swans, these beautiful animals could die before our eyes. Swans could be sacrificed.  I recently saw Black Swan, a film about a woman who falls from grace.  A beautiful metaphor for what's happening to this world.  It's getting really dark here.

This world was a gift to us, a pretty nice gift if you ask me.  I'm not telling you anything you don't already know:  We have destroyed it.

Now what are we gonna do?

Let's at least start by talking about it for real.  Let's open our eyes for real.

Most of us may die of a disease that is in some manner caused by our neglect of the universe.  We will have ingested so many toxins by the time we can even say:  "It's not my fault."

It's everyone's fault.  It's my fault.

I'm sorry. 

nina

No comments:

Post a Comment