Aussi

Aussi

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Join my cult...we've got Kool-Aid!

                                                     

So did I ever tell you about the time I met a guy who was in a cult?  Yeah I mean it was a serious like voodoo kinda cult.  Was I little interested in the cult before I knew all the details of the weird  supernatural shit they were doing?  Yes...little bit.  Did I have to have a good friend talk me off the cult ledge?  OK I admit it, I was gonna try the cult on for size.  

So maybe I'm not the most reliable source when it comes to spiritual practices...just sayin'...I may have almost joined a cult.

The same friend who saved me from dancing with the devil, calls Christianity a cult, she was raised Catholic.  I'm gonna take the fifth on that one.  As someone I know put it all religions have something I like and something I could care less about.   

I don't know if it's a good idea to talk about my personal spirituality.  Look I don't want to sound preachy and weird.  But let's face it, I'm preachy and weird.  

So what is in a word?  I mean a word is just a word, it's a symbol actually.  Without the meaning we give it, it means nothing.  I choose to meditate on words, it's no wonder since I consider myself a wordsmith.  I've tried silent meditation, where you watch your thoughts silently, but I can't seem to always get a grip on that, so I use what they call mantras.  Which are just words that have sort of an eternal meaning.    

I use the word, Waheguru, because that is what I was brought up with.  It's actually a breathing technique.  The word just means Wonderful Teacher.  Sikhs use this word. 

I feel an extreme amount of peace and bliss when I meditate.  I don't do it cause I got nothin' better to do.  I do it because it centers me and makes me feel connected to the love in the universe. I have felt love, I have been in love, and I have been loved when I meditate.  

I think the word is a guide, like a guru, or teacher that stops my mind.  You don't have to use a word.  You don't have to do anything.

I mean when you think about it why would you go around just chanting a specific word or phrase, it sounds absurd.  Until you do it and realize you start to become what you chant...

There are thoughts, which create things in our life, and there are words which create more things in our life, and then there are finally actions that create the biggest things in our life.  You can go around chanting OM or whatever and if you kill your neighbor, well buddy you will probably be killed yourself in some metaphorical way.  The universe gives you what you put out there.

I try to put out love, I try.  I don't always succeed.  In fact sometimes I want to punch love in the face...I'll admit it.   

I mean I'm so strange, I talk to god like he's a friend, according to me, me and god are buds.  I don't sugar coat my prayers as if I'm talking to some kind of alien.  I have said four letter words to god, yes I have.  Only because, well he has heard them before and he is aware when I say them to my best friends.  He is one of my best friends.  Why would I pretend that he is other than real?    

God is usually thought of like this alien being who judges and punishes us.  But we are the ones judging and punishing, god simply is.  She is there.  In fact she is here.    

Look, I will do anything for love...but I won't do anything...When I say love I mean love of self and of the universe as a whole.  

I've read many books about repeating love chants.  One woman said to say, I accept myself, another said, I love myself, ancient scriptures say to go to your real identity:  God, Allah, Waheguru.  They say if you repeat the name of god over and over and over till your blood boils, you will be godlike.

Call me crazy, but does that sound cultish to you?  "I love myself, I love myself, and on and on and on"  "Allah O Akbar, Allah O Akbar"...and on and on and on.

Well truth is I'm so unsatisfied with my life, I'm doing the crazy deed.  I'm repeating.  Over and over again.  WA-HE-GU-RU.  

The reason again I'm not doing the "I love myself" thingy is because I feel like an asshole when I do it and I'm naturally enough of an ass as it is.  And why not, if I'm gonna do the whole repeat a word over and over again, why wouldn't I want to become goddess-like?  So I'm going to the source, skipping the just loving myself.  I want to declare how I love the universe like god does.

But that's just me.  I've heard miracles happen with a lot of different affirmations and mantras.  I don't think it matters what you choose.  But please do choose.  Just choose a word or phrase that means something to you.  I mean if you want to get into to all this biz whiz...I totally respect you if you think it's wacky. 

I don't know if something mystical is gonna happen to me.  I believe I'm destined for great things though, I always have.  I kind of realize that even if I sell a bestseller or get married, there ain't no guarantees of happiness in those things.  I think the real greatness I'm talking about is inside.  

I think I'm destined to be happy.  I'll let you know how it goes.

nina


Image courtesy of Stuart Miles/ FreeDigitalPhotos.net

No comments:

Post a Comment