Aussi

Aussi

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Tid Bits of Info...

Cuddle Parties?


I’m a little disturbed. I just saw this thing on MSN news about Cuddle Parties. People like spoon with total strangers in order to relieve stress. Is that disgusting is that just me?

It’s not an orgy, no, no, no, that doesn’t even disgust me for some reason, probably because I am disgusting but this is about laying around ‘hugging’ total strangers. I tried to hug my sister the other day and she was like, “What’s goin’ on there Nina?”

I like the side hug, you know the one you do with extended family or like friends you see regularly. But full on long hugs, that last for like hours: that should be saved for your significant other, don’t you think?

Maybe I’m being closed minded. Maybe I don’t know what it’s like because I’ve never been to a Cuddle Party.

Coffee Dates?

Then there’s this thing on Oprah.com about Coffee dates. People meet people for like fifteen minutes over coffee and decide whether they like each other. I think that’s cool. I think I’m gonna try it…will…get back to you.

I’ve done speed dating….not enough time to get to know ANYTHING about the person besides like their name and profession. But fifteen minutes you can gather enough info to know if you want to like go on a date.

Hard labor?

Alright, what happened to Lara Ling and Euna Lee (Current.com), is my worst nightmare. Hard Labor? The sad thing is, there are people who do that, slavery may be dead in America (allegedly) but in other countries, poor women, children and even men are being captured in order to do unimaginable types of hard labor. Human Trafficking is also alive and well.

Look, I don’t mean to make fun, but I think its hard labor when I can’t find the remote.

I’m serious, physical labor is soooo out of my realm of reality that it’s probably wrong. I should probably join the Peace Corps and farm for living for a while in a remote country in Africa. That’ll teach me to take the stairs instead of the elevator.

I like to think the Elliptical Machine is hard labor, and I won’t even touch the Stair Master, that is some serious LABOR.

And I’m afraid of having children because of the LABOR.

Am I just a spoiled upper middle class bitch who deserves to be alone for the rest of her life? Or are you a little like me? Do you consider washing dishes to be hard labor?


Hobbies?

So I was thinking I should have some official hobbies besides reading and writing. I don’t consider those hobbies, I consider those work. But I was thinking maybe photography. Writers are known to be great photographers. If I shoot anything good, I’ll post it on the site…need to get a digital camera first.

I think I can draw. I’m gonna try it today and see if it brings me any joy.

Also I secretly think I can sing. No one knows this but you. I can’t play any instruments though, even the piano or the harmonium (Indian piano). The Vaja it’s called. I can’t play it.

I tried to play the trumpet in the sixth grade. I played very badly and my parents asked me to stop practicing. I still have it though maybe I’ll try selling it on EBay. It was three hundred bucks in the eighties; it hasn’t been touched since the eighties.

But I know there’s this phenomena where your voice sounds different to you than it does to everyone else, so I may think I have a good voice, but world might cringe. I’m gonna try singing more in the shower in the morning and in my bedroom alone at night.

Is that Freaky? “She’s a maniac, maniac…and she dances like she’s never danced before…”

I love to dance.

nina

No comments:

Post a Comment